WORCESTER HOMECOMING 2022
For our 2022 inaugural event, our goal was to unite Worcester expatriates and local leaders under the common goal of enhancing and sustaining the momentum of Worcester’s renaissance. We curated a wide range of programming including panel discussions, keynotes, neighborhood tours, field trips, networking, and more. Learn more about the exciting programming that we had to offer through our 2022 program book.
Wednesday, June 8
- Fireside Chat with Dr. Craig Mello, the Blais University Chair in Molecular Medicine, Distinguished Professor of UMass Chan Medical School, and Nobel Prize recipient for the discovery of RNA interference at the BrickBox Theatre.
- Private Tours, Welcome Reception, and Alumni Celebration Dinner at Polar Park.
Thursday, June 9
- Conversation with Tim Garvin (United Way of Central MA) and Carolyn Stempler (Carolyn & June Designs) about Worcester Together, a citywide partnership to support Covid-19 response, relief, and recovery efforts.
- Panel discussions:
- Constructing community: how the construction boom has powered Worcester’s renaissance
- Building blocks: approaching development on the neighborhood level
- Worcester’s spotlight: how group experiences have transformed Worcester
- Worcester wins together
- Field Trips to the Worcester Memorial Auditorium, Biotechnology and Life Sciences, The Canal District, and The Printer’s Building
- Tour & Champagne Toast at The Hanover Theatre and dinner at The Mercantile
FRIDAY, JUNE 10
- Closing Breakfast with co-chairs, Kola Akindele (WPI) and Sherri Pitcher (Fontaine Bros.), and Peter Stanton (Worcester Business Journal)