AC Hotel by Marriott Worcester
125 Front St.
7:30 – 8:30 AM
Breakfast & a Conversation with Tim Garvin, President & CEO, United Way of Central MA, and Carolyn Stempler, Owner, Carolyn & June Designs, about Worcester Together, a citywide partnership to support Covid-19 response, relief, and recovery efforts
8:30 – 9 AM
Opening Plenary by
- Mayor Joe Petty, City of Worcester
- Kola Akindele, AVP – External Relationships & Strategic Partnerships, WPI, Worcester Homecoming Vice Chair
- Sherri Pitcher, Sr. Director of Marketing & Business Development, Fontaine Bros., Inc., Worcester Homecoming Chair
- Lt. Governor Karyn Polito
9 – 9:45 AM
Constructing community: how the construction boom has powered Worcester’s renaissance
- Peter Dunn, Chief Development Officer, City of Worcester
- Bo Menkiti, Founder & CEO of the Menkiti Group
- Denis Dowdle, President, Madison Properties
- Charran Fisher, CEO, Fisher Contracting Corp.
- Jim Leary, UMass Memorial Health
9:45 – 10:30 AM
Building blocks: approaching development on the neighborhood level
- Joe Corazzini, VP, Government & Community Affairs, Clark University
- Kim Salmon, AVP, Community Relations, Hanover Group Insurance Foundation
- Casey Starr, Director of Community Initiatives, Main South CDC
- Taylor Bearden, Partner, Civico
10:30 – 10:45 AM
Morning Break & Expo
10:45 – 11:30 AM
Worcester’s spotlight: how group experiences have transformed Worcester
- Lindiana Semidei, Program Officer, Arts & Culture, Greater Worcester Community Foundation
- Troy Siebels, President & CEO, The Hanover Theatre & Conservatory
- Hank Von Hellion, Executive Director, Worcester PopUp
- Stephanie Ramey, President, Worcester Railers Hockey Club
11:30 AM – 12:15 PM
Worcester wins together
- Melanie Bonsu, Community Relations Manager, Saint-Gobain Abrasives
- Tim Murry, President & CEO, Worcester Chamber of Commerce
- Ulysses Youngblood, President & Co-Founder, Major Bloom
- Miguelina Peralta, Executive Director, EforAll
12:30 – 1:30 PM
Keynote Luncheon by Chancellor Michael F. Collins, UMass Chan Medical School, introduced by Che Anderson, Asst. Vice Chancellor for City & Community Relations
2 – 4 PM
Honored alumni and their guests are invited to join one of the following Field Trips
- Adaptive Reuse of Historic Buildings: Lincoln Square
Visit the Worcester Memorial Auditorium and learn about its exciting redevelopment, then take a tour of the new Courthouse Lofts and Major Taylor Museum.
- Worcester’s Innovation Economy: Biotechnology and Life Sciences, 17 Briden St.
Hear from leaders of Worcester’s biotech and life sciences sector and see their innovative products firsthand at Massachusetts Biomedical Initiatives’ (MBI) newest location.
- All Roads Lead to Kelly Square: The Canal District Trolley Tour
Learn about the past, present, and future of the Canal District, Worcester’s most recently celebrated neighborhoods, on a guided trolley tour and discussion at the Worcester Public Market.
- Worcester’s Creative Economy: The Printer’s Building, 44 Portland St.
Meet the tenants of the Printer’s Building, a 96-year old industrial building reinvented as a cornerstone for arts and innovation downtown, including a jazz station, art galleries, and an artisan makerspace.
- Worcester Public Schools: A Tour of the New South High, 170 Apricot St.
Walk the halls of the new South High Community School, which opened its doors to students in the ‘21-’22 school year, and learn about the current state of WPS and its community.
The Hanover Theatre & Conservatory
2 Southbridge St.
5:30 – 7 PM
Tour & On-Stage Champagne Toast
2 Mercantile St.
7:30 – 9 PM
After Hours at the AC Hotel By Marriott Worcester Lounge